Data security is very important when working on the World Wide Web. And today, maximum attention is paid to the reliability of their storage, since the productivity and efficiency of work on the Internet depends on it. We are talking about the very viruses, the mention of which worries all users, without exception.
What is a virus?
A virus is a program that can harm the operating system. It not only slows down or slows down the operation of a computer or smartphone, but also often destroys important data. The virus is also capable of self-learning and replication (self-replication). Thus, the program can adapt to your system or copy itself in order to forward copies to your contacts.
It turns out that the oldest recorded computer virus is 37 years old this year. For the first time, a schoolboy created software capable of disrupting the functioning of the operating system and declaring itself by sending it to other contacts. In 1982, a young American wrote such a program, and since then the era of viruses began.
Since then, viruses have been modernized, improved and harder to neutralize. But in parallel with the viruses, the development of their opponents - antiviruses - began.
What is antivirus?
Antivirus is a special program capable of recognizing and neutralizing malware on a computer or smartphone. Such programs act not only against well-known viruses, but also neutralize potentially malicious programs in question.
What can be antiviruses
When developing antivirus programs, developers are guided by one of three main strategies.
- Strategy for analyzing file content - with this approach, the software scans and analyzes file signatures, and if an unreliable file is found, it blocks it.
- Software control strategy: it is based not on the analysis of the data of the program itself, but on its actions and their analytics. All data on the operations performed by the program is carefully recorded by the anti-virus application and then analyzed, and the threat is eliminated.
- System work schedule strategy: programs analyze the order of work and operations in the system, and take security measures at the slightest deviation from the algorithm.
Are antiviruses ineffective?
Of course, there are. And we are talking about several types of antiviruses at once, among which there are:
- Outdated versions of popular antiviruses: even if you knew from your youth that only Kaspersky Lab products are trustworthy, without updates these antiviruses will have the same low effectiveness in protecting against Internet threats as regular programs for clearing the cache.
- Incorrectly used antivirus software. They are practically useless. If you scan the system, but do not pay attention to Internet resources and browser cache, your antivirus will detect only fresh threats, and not viruses already operating in the system.
- Fake antiviruses. They are quite real. You cannot be sure that the antivirus downloaded from an unofficial resource or no-name website is working. Moreover, trading in non-working software, that is, fake antiviruses, has been flourishing on the Internet for 10 years now. At first glance, everything is quite normal with them: a simple interface, statistics of downloads in thousands of visitors, even reviews of such antiviruses can be fake - written to order. And there is simply no sense in the operation of this application: the applications still slow down, the computer does not work at full capacity, but the owner takes the money for the operation in full.
What programs should you download in this case? Let's take a closer look.
First of all, antiviruses have significant differences. There are programs designed to neutralize commonplace Trojan viruses. There are also those that can recognize viruses of a more complex configuration. Special mention should be made of programs that prevent the harmful effects of spyware.
If you are interested in adequate performance of your PC and complete data protection, conventional antivirus software is indispensable. What should be installed on your PC in this case?
- Spyware scanners;
- System state identifiers;
- Antiviruses in their pure form;
But if you want to not only protect your computer, but also save time and space, it is worth getting a complete solution. The opinions of Internet users will help you finally decide: for example, reviews about Total AV, which are mostly positive.
These types of antiviruses are also very cost effective. They allow you to comprehensively solve computer security problems without overpayments. Instead of purchasing separate programs, you can enjoy good antivirus and antispyware programs in one product.
As a result, you get:
- Computer performance and normal operation.
- Protection against unauthorized access to your data.
- Protect against cyber fraud attacks on your social accounts.
- Protecting your payment information from theft and misuse of your money.
- Maximum privacy.
Good antivirus software is the key to confidence in your personal safety while surfing the Internet and the full operation of your computer gadget. Therefore, the choice of high-quality antivirus software is especially important if you are constantly working, relaxing or chatting on the Internet.