Genius. Adventurer. Investor. Innovator. Whatever you call Elon Musk, he secured the status of a newsmaker for a long time and firmly. And when on April 1 of this year he issued a mournful tweet in the style of "everything is lost", many seriously believed. So much so that now it will be difficult for Musk to convince serious people that it was all just a joke.
What happened? Musk just posted a couple of tweets in which he called his company Tesla bankrupt. Without explaining the reasons and any details, so only with the onset of working Monday it became clear that everything said was a joke in honor of the International Fool's Day. But the stock market did not understand the humor and Tesla shares immediately plummeted in price by 7%, to $ 248 apiece. Considering that at its peak in the entire history of the company there was only $ 389, then this is extremely unpleasant for investors.
So annoyingly, Musk stepped on a sore spot for those who invested a lot of money in Tesla and expects a return that he was immediately remembered:
- The company's debt is already over $ 10 billion, not millions;
- The last financial month was the worst for the company in 7 years;
- Tesla withdrew a huge batch of electric vehicles yesterday;
- The next production plan is completely disrupted;
- Tesla electric vehicle recently crashed and killed its owner;
- Rumors of impending bankruptcy have not been audibly refuted since last year.
It is possible that the seasoned businessman Elon Musk will find the right words and actions this time to get out of a delicate situation and continue the game. But it may also happen that the joke turns into a gloomy prophecy.